Tuesday 21 February 2012

Skype

Last night I registered with Skype and downloaded Skype to my computer.  Then I spent some time reading about how it works.  This weekend I will need to go get a webcam for my computer in order to start skyping.  In my inquiry proposal I had planned on learning about Skype by using it to communicate with my family in Montreal.  I plan to partake in video calls with my family as a way to learn about and become confident in using this tool.

Steps I took to install Skype:

1) I googled Skype and then went into the Skype page

2) In the top right corner I double clicked on join skype

3) I filled in my information in the fields required

4) I became the Skype name: amy.taggart5

5) I chose a password and now I'm registered.

6) I went to the support tab and down to new to Skype to learn about it

7) I scrolled down to download Skype now and followed the directions for downloading

I'm looking forward to attaching a webcam and starting to Skype my sister's family as a more visual way for us all to connect, especially because my son and my sister's son will then be able to see each other as they're talking.

2 comments:

  1. Very exciting. I'm sure your family will be thrilled! I just started skyping last fall with family in California. Good luck this weekend.

    ReplyDelete