Friday 3 February 2012

Georgia O'keefe acrylic paintings are some of my favourite paintings to try to mimic
one of my favourite passtimes
A couple of things I am looking into this week are making my blog more interesting/creative and learning about Flickr, so I can do some photosharing.  In an effort to make my blog more interesting I thought I'd add some photos/visuals and in starting my Flickr project I'm creating a folder of related photos so I can create a before and after slideshow of a house that I recently bought and have been working on.  Here are some visuals to do with things that I'm interested in:
Ahhhh.....surfing
This weekend I'm going to be working more on my house, and then once I have a few more things done, I'll take some "after" shots and upload them to my house folder.  From  here I am hoping to create my first Flickr which I will then post to this blog as well as send to family and friends who have all been very curious and patiently awaiting some photos of my new home.



2 comments:

  1. Amy, from these images, I see we have some things in common. I also surf, mostly on the Oregon coast, but we tried Wesport last year. Our contact there just emailed about February specials- tempting! And I love Georgia O'Keefe. I do a great magniciation project with my students based on her work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where's Wesport? Also, there's a great little surf spot/bay just south of Cannon Beach--do you happen to know the name of it? It might be Shortsand? Anyways, whatever the name of it, it was such a great little place to surf. I've been meaning to make it up to Tofino or at least up to Jordan River or Sombrio but haven't quite had the strength to dawn my wetsuit and hop in the chilly west coast waters.

      Delete