Thursday 16 February 2012

Creating an Avatar

I hadn't planned on creating an avatar as one of my 6 inquiry projects, but as I was looking at one of the blogs belonging to a member of my small discussion group, I became interested with this tool.  I started thinking about the different ways this could be a fun tool to use on my own blog.  Also, there is a chance I may have a contract next year not only being the librarian and the PE teacher, but also teaching some french, and I started thinking that the intermediate kids in my school would have fun tying in the parts of the face and body in french, with an avatar. I spent some time trying to just bring the image onto my blog, by entering what I thought was the URL in the picture adding done through layout, but didn't have any success.  I'll have to try this in some other ways in the next few days, so that my avatar is visible on my blog, as opposed to just through a link. Here is the link to my avatar (or at least I hope it is)

http://www.doppelme.com/DM7616939J2/avatar.gif

To create an avatar:

1)go into doppelme.com/create

2)sign up with a username and create the avatar by choosing features and saving

3)an email was sent to me that gave me a temporary password that I could then simplify/personalize

4)a link in the email then allowed me to complete my registration

5)on the page in step 4, I then clicked on Quickcode, that was to give me a HTML code so that I could place my doppelme on my web page/blog etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment