Sunday 18 March 2012

Creation of My First Voki:

In order to create a voki, I went to www.voki.com/create.php.  Once I was at this page, these are the steps I followed:

1) clicked on register
2) entered my information
3) activated my voki through my email
4) customized my character
5) recorded audio through a microphone I attached to my computer
6) chose a background
7) chose a frame colour
8) clicked on publish
9) copied the URL and then copied that to my blog (see below)


I hope you enjoy my Voki, that can be found at the following address. 

http://www.voki.com/pickup.php?scid=5677634&height=267&width=200 

Please listen to my Voki to hear how I imagined I might be able to use it in my profession.  As for personal use, if I wanted to send a friend a fun message I could create a Voki, but I would have to keep in mind that it just records for 60 seconds.

The following link gives some great examples of how to use Vokis (talking avatars) in teaching.  http://www.squidoo.com/voki.  Specifically it talks about how useful they are for personalizing online learning and for helping the more visual learners. Also, this article suggests that Vokis are superior to using Skype with regards to online learning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment